What can I do for you? What do I not do?
Let's just start with the negative side. This attorney does not represent clients in:
- Criminal proceedings
- Family law
- Workers' Compensation
- Juvenile proceedings
What this attorney does includes the following:
- Represents clients in all phases of civil appeals in both the California Courts of Appeal and
in the U.S. Circuit Courts of Appeal
- Represents clients before both the California Supreme Court and the U.S. Supreme Court
- Prosecutes and defends Petitions for Extraordinary Relief (Mandate, Prohibition, Certiorari)
in both California and Federal courts.
- Represents clients in prosecuting and opposing Motions for Summary Judgment in both the California
and Federal courts.
- Represents clients in prosecuting and opposing post judgment motions (Motions for new trial,
Motions for judgment N.O.V. and fee motions) in both the California and Federal courts.
- Provides "second opinions" as to the advisability of filing an appeal or Petition for Extraordinary
As you have read this website, you have noticed that appellate law is a specialty....that requires unique
training and experience that most trial attorneys do not have. You have also noted that this attorney actually does have significant
training both as a trial attorney and as a Certified Appellate Specialist. This attorney's unique background does let him
bring to the table on behalf of his clients the best of both worlds: the smell of the trial courtroom and the grasp needed
of the deliberation process critical to a successful appellate practice.